Payment and Insurance issues will not create additional stress for people when they enter the Hospice Care Network program. Though everything will be fully explained upon admission to the program, these basic questions are usually asked by people before entering our program:
- Is hospice care covered by insurance?
- What care and services are usually covered?
- What are the charges for staying at one of the Hospice centers?
- Is financial assistance available to those who may need it?
- How are hospice services covered for people in nursing homes?
When a person qualifies medically for hospice care, Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurance policies have hospice benefits. Special funds are put aside for military veterans. People can choose to pay privately, or in some cases, Hospice Care Network bills on an “ability to pay” basis, or pro bono care. Since some pay nothing or very little, contributions are utilized to offset expenses. No one is refused service based on inability to pay.