What can I do as a volunteer?
Hospice Care Network integrates volunteers in all aspects of its programs.
Massage Therapy Program:
- Provide gentle massages for those facing life limiting illnesses
- Provide chair massages for caregivers
Patient Care Volunteers:
- Provide practical help for overburdened families
- Offer respite relief to allow caregivers a few hours "off"
- Read, write, listen or sit by the side of a person who is on our program
- Hairdressers/barbers can donate their skills
- Act as a friendly visitor
- Become members of HCN’s Speakers’ Bureau
- Provide assistance to Office Staff with clerical assignments
- Utilize computer skills
- Attend to special projects
- Provide assistance to Hospice Bereavement Staff
- Provide support to Hospice family members by making telephone calls, sending cards and correspondence
- Donate time as part of school projects
- Utilize their knowledge, such as computer skills, to assist with office projects
- Become a Lollipop Leader - these volunteers are trained to work with children, assisting the children's bereavement department with groups, being a buddy, and working with arts and crafts.
Pet Therapy Volunteers:
- Provided in partnership with the Bide-A-Wee home
Special Skills Volunteers:
- Are involved in Committees and Board of Trustees participation
- Take an active part in fundraising and special events
- Graphic design
- Give a haircut